MARIONETTES & SOMERSAULTS

charville 2 (2)

Sometimes it’s a pain being Zoolon. Monday morning I was down in the kitchen having breakfast (Shreddies with a chopped banana). The news was playing to itself on the TV.  I wasn’t taking much of it in. Then, out of the blue I heard the newsreader say, “With police numbers dropping the Metropolitan Police are no longer investigating somersaults.” ‘Do what?’ I thought. The Metropolitan Police look after London, but I had no idea that somersaults were illegal there. It wasn’t until about ½ hour later, with ‘somersaults’ playing on my mind instead of creativity that I checked the story out on Twitter and discovered that for ‘somersaults’ read ‘some assaults’. Like I said, being Zoolon can be a pain.

Anyway, I’ve got a song together that could pass the whistle test and end up on the new album. That is if I still like it after the mixing etc. Here’s the lyric. I’ve had the idea buzzing around in my head since the marionette festival I went to last month in Charleville-Mézières.

THE MARIONETTE’S TALE

The marionette told me her story

Saying “It’s an illusion; I’m not alive

But once I was a human

Before He made me take the dive”

At the Festival of Puppeteers

She spoke of harmonious ceasefire

No war, no bombs, no handguns

No ‘great’ walls and no barbed wire

The Borough of Queens own Orange Man

Answered, “No way, no way girl

But you do look half gropeable

Go on girl, give us a twirl.

Your kind are spreading false news

You realize you’re heading for a fall

And what do non-white females know?

I’ll tell you what, the likes of you, they know f**k all”

The marionette told me her story

Saying “It’s an illusion; I’m not alive

But once I was a human

Before He made me take the dive”

Time for some music. A re-run – in case you missed it last week – of my Scandinavian ‘Noir’ instrumental track, ‘Hidden Beneath’ that will be on the new album.

Comments

31 comments on “MARIONETTES & SOMERSAULTS”
  1. Somersaults have been banned here unless you are female in a skirt and willing to endure groping by the Orange one. Great stuff George. 🙂

Thank you. The US deserves better.

1. So much better. Hoping to see it come back around soon. Meanwhile, we fight the demagogues..

He’s like watching a film you might watch as mad fiction, but in real life it doesn’t work. Like my parents, I’m an atheist, but right now I’m happy to say, ‘God Bless America’ – maybe He can sort out the mess?

3. He is making the mess. A 71 year old Fox news watcher, liar, and perhaps mentally ill.

Fox News I watch sometimes to get freaked – it’s also like scary fiction. I think I’ll have to write a song soon about the great and good aspects of America from art, science, charity and things. I also think a lot of people worldwide are only seeing Him as America at the moment – that can’t be right.

5. I think if you questioned the majority of people in the world where they would want to live if they could live anywhere, they would say “in America”. Our borders are overflowing.

I think that’s what made America the place where whatever you were, whatever class you were, America was/is the land of hope and possibility. The overflowing bit is happening everywhere, hence the far right are on the up in just about every nation. I think humans breed too much.

7. Lol, yes it’s the breeding. I’m sure Trump probably has a plan to deal with that. Take care my friend.

2. Sure you will include this gem George x

Even the old one said he liked this. It’s acoustic at the moment, yet that doesn’t feel right – too retro.

3. cindy knoke says:

Wonderful!

Thank you, Cindy.

4. That’s just so funny… Could’ve been me, hehe

Taking everything literally is the curse we live with, Sue.

1. Indeed… Curse and blessing sometimes as well…
        A somewhat naive soul I have.

That’s the best way to be.

5. Vivian Zems says:

I was thrown there for a minute…haha!

Thank you, Vivian. The world sometimes leaves me confused.

6. Vivian Zems says:

By the way, i’ve got my lyrics ready for that bz you spoke of ages ago. My email is viviannz488@gmail.com

Ta

I’ll be in touch. Thank you.

7. Hi my friend – just want to drop you a note to let you know that I have nominated you for Blogger Recognition Award. Please check out http://bit.ly/2yyH3h7 Congratulations

Coincidentally I was thinking about your contributor idea just yesterday. Do you think one of my recipe disasters would work? My first ever effort at boiling carrots seemed to have made friends and family die laughing, for example. That aside, thank you for the nomination. I’ll check it out.

1. Zoolan, please whatever you wish to submit will be fantastic. Just do your draft post and we go from there. I am waiting to see what you have in your draft. As for the award, my pleasure and do this when you can. Thanks dear

2. Zoolan, please sublit your post, I would love it. When you get to do you nomination, I would love to read it so please ping me.

8. Ah, the marionettes. They’re always rich with story potential, waiting on their strings for a chance to live, if only for a moment.

They don’t get a chance to be who they might want to be. It’s a bit sad, I guess but yes, they do get allowed to come to life – a bit like humans.

1. I remember on one visit to my grandparents there was a tv movie on her static-addled screen about Pinocchio–a sequel, where he is caught by a circus man and transformed BACK into a marionette. The idea scared me, especially since my grandpa changed the channel to the news and I never learned how it ended.

9. Hidden Beneath makes me feel like I’m playing a game. Pretty awesome!