ZOOLON & THE FESTIVAL

puppets

Most likely I will only have time for irregular visits to the blog at best for the next week as I’m going to be at the Festival Mondial des Theatres de Marionnettes in Charleville-Mézières.

I’ll catch up when I get back.

Random Thought: Before I sign off I have to say that I was in town a bit earlier this afternoon when I overheard this girl saying to her mate, “My mum don’t believe in The Internet.” I got to wondering what her mum puts on the national census form under the heading, ‘Religion’.  Having said that, I’ve got a brother who wrote ‘Jedi’ on his form. Enough people did the same and Jedi is now an accepted religion in these parts.

Regards,

Zoolon aka George

Comments

33 comments on “ZOOLON & THE FESTIVAL”
  1. ohhh!!! but y hr mom doesn’t beleive in the internet??

It was an unusual thing to say about The Internet.

1. yea actually….it is!!!

2. That looks wonderful. Enjoy!

3. George, please have a lovely time. An amazing video, remarkable! We wish you a safe trip. ~ Mia, RE&C

Thank you, Mia, RE&C.

1. You’re welcome, George.

Thank you, Betcha. I will try my best.

4. I think the puppet dreams of playing…hears the music, when he sleeps. How could it be any other way?

5. That looks and sounds amazing!! Enjoy every bit at the Theater and Marionnettes Festival! 🖖😊

Thank you, Luiza. I just got back and can report a great festival. I’ll throw some pics of it on a post very soon.

1. Great to hear that and looking forward to seeing them!!

6. Okay, I MUST ask: which brother put Jedi down? Sounds like something my brother would do…

And that marionette is AMAZING. When I was a kid I had my own puppet theater, wrote plays for them, and did some shows for the little kids at our school. I always wanted to work with marionettes…soooooo cool….

Be safe!

I have just – well a few hours ago – got back. A great trip. Much laughing. The brother and follower of the Jedi faith was Milo, the eldest. The census rules mean that if a certain number of people name a new religion then it has to be recognized. That means for about 10 years now Jedi is classed as a religion here. I was told that a Christian bishop once said he thought it was OK to have Jedi’s.

1. Ha! And knowing my church, there would be a lots of hand-wringing and necklace clutching and condescending “mmmmmmmmhmmms” going on with that one. 😉

Your family’s awesome, by the way.

I was wondering where you were when I saw this.
    Enjoy your trip. Stay safe and take care.

Oh! Good to see you back.

Wishing you all the best on your trip! May the force be with you 😉 Seriously though, good luck and will chat when you get back

Thank you. I just got back. I think the force was with me; the force had a fight with my dust allergies and won – I think!

Oh noooo ~ Hope you feel better soon ~ Take some downtime. I’m glad you’re back safe though!

Thanks. I think I’m back OK. The dust allergy has faded away. I think maybe a bed in a different country contains more dust mites than my own sealed up one!

9. The Festival Mondial des Theatres de Marionnettes looks like amazing fun!! As it is September 24th, 2017, you’re probably done and I hope it was a fantastic time!

It certainly was a lot of fun. I’ve just rushed a post of photos out on WP. Not all generic ones, just things I saw along the way.

1. I’m sure they’re fantastic! I’ll take a peek 😊

10. Lord George., I never got a notification re this fab ppst. Enjoy ENJOY.

Ah people don’t believe in so many things. Recently I read a comment where a man said he didn’t believe in Saturn ( it was an article about Cassini).

I wonder what his take on climate change would have been.

12. Glad I didn’t miss this! 🙂 The puppeteer and the music and the Jedi mind tricks! I bet the festival was at least as good as this post…

13. Sounds wonderful!!!!!!!

Thank you. It certainly was, I really enjoy other genres of art.