LOST HOPES & DREAMS

cyclists dismount

This photo I took the other day, leaves little doubt as to what ‘Kyran’s mum’ – whoever she is – does in her spare time.

Changing the subject, I’ve always thought that you know you’re in trouble when you can’t bend your knees. I was wrong.

On Saturday, I was wearing headphones playing a guitar when the postman called with a parcel. I didn’t hear him ring the doorbell. He left a card saying I could pick up the parcel on Monday from the sorting office.

So, come Monday I’m on my way to the sorting office when in front of me there was a large, short bloke who was walking at a snail’s pace. It was clear to me that he couldn’t bend his knees. In fairness, he must have weighed in at about 30 stone (190 kilogram). There were loads of cars parked kerbside and he was blocking the pavement meaning I couldn’t get by, what with him being so large. Eventually there was a gap wide enough for me to pass.

Next, and by then well ahead of him, I took a shortcut to the High Street, via an alleyway. The thing was, that when I came out the other end, the large bloke was now in front of me. Surreal, impossible even. It’s been nagging at me ever since. He either had a doppelganger (even down to wearing the same clothes) or he was the Usain Bolt of very large, short people who can’t bend their knees. Odd.

Anyway, I’ve been writing a lot of new lyrics and melodies recently. Most are still WIP. As ever with lyrics, most sing better than they read. Here’s one of those.

DEAF EARS

Was it the Season? Was it the Age?

Was it the Master? Was it the Slave?

Who pulled the trigger? Who lit the match?

Who threw the lifeline? What was the catch?

So, the magic of a future, fades away and disappears,

Where there once was laughter, now all that’s left are tears,

And where there once were hopes and dreams, all there is are fears,

Where there once were listeners, words now fall upon deaf ears.

Here’s link to my new album. It costs not much, and is available worldwide.  If you fancy buying it and feel able to post a review on Bandcamp, I’d appreciate it. Also, I’d would like to say a big, big thank you to those who have already purchased a download, or taken time out to listen. It is truly appreciated.

Also, the Zoolon Audio website it is at www.zoolonaudio.com

Comments

55 comments on “LOST HOPES & DREAMS”
  1. Akuokuo says:

Have to show you this video I took of snakes in my garage! Wondering what your lyrics/ melodies would be? Might have to cut and paste if the link doesn’t open.

sd.mp4?s=a8167de92d60f437d199dc40978a1bd067887a7b&profile_id=164

Romeo & Juliet snakes? I’m not sure how I’d write it, but this cover by The Killers came to mind watching your video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtmorUXAwiI

1. Akuokuo says:

Perfect

The coolest lyrics ever! Loved your narration and the song played well on my ears, lord Zoolon

Thank you, Lady Yasmin. I’m glad you liked it.

3. Lucy Brazier says:

Never mind Kyran’s mum (obviously a popular lady), there looks to be some fairly complicated maths going on in that underpass…
    Also – those lyrics rock!!

Thank you. I’m sure Kyran’s mum has a heart of gold. The maths was all braille to me.

4. sheldonk2014 says:

What a master piece
    Congrats
    As Sheldon Always

Thank you, Sheldon.

1. sheldonk2014 says:

Your most welcome

5. I could see the music as though it were a lava lamp, fluid and changing shapes in languid blobs

What a lovely thought. Thank you, Annette.

6. One of life’s great mysteries…is and always will be…

If I ever bump into him again I’m going to suggest he enters the next Olympics.

7. The lyrics are very melodic and beautifully structured.

The music is wonderful. You have a nice voice my friend.

P.S I am now following your page. Hope you follow my page as well.

And hope you read my newest poem. You might get some inspiration. 🙂

Read and tweeted, also.

1. Thank you my new friend. I just saw your twitter feed that you retweeted. 🙂

And no, I don’t have a twitter, Facebook, or Instagram. I just stick to “WordPress”. 🙂

Sorry about that. I hate Twitter, yet my business demands I use it.

3. Awesome! Thank you for posting my poem up on your twitter. I brought a smile to my face. 🙂

I’d avoid Twitter like the plague if I were you – if you don’t need it, don’t go there; a brutal entity, for sure.

5. I use to have twitter back in 2014. I hated it, it went nowhere…and it got bothering as hell. So I delete it the whole account.

Just like Facebook & instagram…I find them bothering and dangerous. I’m glad I don’t belong in those worlds anymore. I haven’t had a Facebook believe it or not since 2010. It feels good being free and unplugged. 🙂 hahahaha!!!

Good for you. I only wish I could do the same. My problem is running an online business, I have to be online. Perhaps I should go out and get a normal job.

8. George, wonderful lyric. “Deaf Ears” exist in a never changing season and in an age that stays the same, a sad thought. I’m glad you included, “Dream Rescuer” quite fitting for the post. Love the photo and it’s possible your little guy can bend time. Wishing you a Wonderful Wednesday evening. ~ Mia, Lightfoot & Erniefunkle

A funny thing, Mia – ‘Dream Rescuer’ was filling my head when I wrote this one. I had to think of electric instruments to lose the ‘to close to the original’ melody I came up with. I always said you were clever, Mia.

9. He was your guardian angel, put there to stop you getting hit by a car or something, which you might not have heard with your ear phones in, whatever, maybe not even something as big as that. And just in case you didn’t get the message first time there he was…. again.
    Great music by the way and that is why he is looking out for you …….

It was certainly weird how he did that. I live with headphones on nearly all day, day after day recording (so bad I get my ears syringed every so often) so I never wear them when I go out. A time warp caused it I think.

1. Well something defo did x

Beautiful lyrics xx As for walking without bending knees, honestly I think he was Usain Bolt in disguise 😉

Usain Bolt in a padded, appropriate skin coloured body suit with extra padding around the knees. That works for me. Just in case I’m missed next week, and miss your posts I’ll be in Paris armed with a mandolin trying to compose new things.

Thanks for the heads up about the Paris trip ahead. I hope it brings you inspiration! Oh that reminds me how do I leave a review on Bandcamp for the album? I cannot find a place to do so

I think you have to be a ‘fan’ – isn’t that the most horrible word? Once you are a ‘fan’, you can post a comment. They do that to stop people getting family to say how brilliant an artist is when maybe she/he isn’t. Odd.

Haha the word “fan” is so cliche. OK, got it, I finally figured it out. I had to create an account, yadda yadda. Enjoy your time away.

Massive thank you. So far hardly anyone who’s purchased has put up a review. I better get my act together now and try to sleep, early start tomorrow via Eurotunnel. Thank you so much, George aka Zoolon

Ok George, you get some sleep indeed! I wonder if other people have issues figuring out how to review the album? Enjoy a nice cafe in Paris for me 🙂

Sorry to take so long replying. Just got back from a heatwave in France. Mostly over 40 degrees. Nearly died at The Palace of Fontainebleau. So hot. As to reviews, even the people I know well who have purchased never got round to the review. Still, you did and I can’t thank you enough. It meant a lot. Thank you again. I better start reading some blogs tomorrow. A lot to catch up on. I’ve got a couple of funny (to me, at least) tales to tell!

Welcome back, George! I’m glad you didn’t melt in that hot weather. We’re in for a hot one today and tomorrow here so I’m going to have drink extra water, etc. Great about new tales to tell us in future posts too! No rush re reading blogs as we’re patient peeps 🙂 Hope you found inspiration while away!!

Thank you. I didn’t melt thankfully. Silly hot though. Even the occasional bit of wind felt like being wrapped in a blanket straight out of tumble dryer. Thank God for the swimming pool. It’s nice and averagely cool back here in the UK!

12. Damn, I still love the echo i that song, the melody that bounces back at you like a handball’s ricochet…

I’m curious what kind of instrument will dominate with “Deaf Ears”: piano, or guitar? There’s something to the question-style here that makes me think again of your handball, so guitar, I suppose, and yet piano would certainly lend a more somber tone to the context…

Sorry for taking so lung to reply. Only got back from France today. Funny you should mention the instrument. I’ve been mucking about with the mandolin on a couple of melody, but yes, the piano may have the edge. You are on the right lines I think.

1. It’s nice to be on the right track somewhere. 🙂

Why did I type ‘lung’? Odd.

3. Zinfandel boggle lumpkins.
        There. I typed something odd, too. 🙂

13. barkhabale says:

Beautifully written

Thank you. Sorry for the delay in replying. I have only just got back from France. Thanks again.

14. Sweta Ojha says:

I loved the narration. ☺

Thank you. Sometimes events of the day confuse me!

1. Sweta Ojha says:

Was it something specific last day?

I’m not sure about specific as I tend to think randomly. It’s just some days I see the humour in the world as it passes by then when you read the news of what’s going on in the world it brings you back down to earth with a thud.

3. Sweta Ojha says:

I wonder the same and then remind myself, what’s life if not uncertainities. ☺

I agree. Uncertainties can never be predicted. That’s probably for the best, otherwise we’d all go mad knowing what’s happen next.

15. aruna3 says:

Amazing poem.yeah.in dis world;everywhere controversy in every field is presented.

Thank you Aruna. It is a rotten planet sometimes.

1. aruna3 says:

Yeah.bt verses r amazing.

16. aruna3 says:

Beautiful poem”deaf ears”.heart touching.