THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE UGLY

magpies 1

Every so often news bulletins remind me that I’m right in generally preferring animals over humans. The words below will one day soon be in a song.

The ones who didn’t make it home now bare no malice,

Their graves await them come a new sad dawn,

Those guilty of their murder share the same fate,

Their ticket to a false paradise withdrawn.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly have no answers,

No Gods or Goddesses can light the way,

Murder at the hands of evil demons,

Is the unfair price, The Innocent must pay.

Those who are left behind may weep and stand-alone now,

They’re the ones who’ve lost those they once held dear,

They now know for real there’s such a thing called cruel fate,

That feeds the cancer that’s spread to the liver of a thing called fear.

‘Time Out’ is a track from my album ‘Dream Rescuer’. It is the prelude to the track called ‘Pain’. I hope you enjoy it. If you like the song, maybe you’d like to buy the album. It costs just £5 (plus VAT) or the equivalent in whatever currency you use in your country. If you do buy and feel able to post a review on Bandcamp, I’d appreciate it. Here’s the link;

Also, if you fancy a visit, the Zoolon Audio website it is at www.zoolonaudio.com

Comments

35 comments on “THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE UGLY”

I am going to buy that. Yes. This poem is amazing in its heartfelt and heart rending simplicity. You are a great song writer because you write with your heart and all your sensibilities. It’s a cry from the heart. Lord Zoolon, you are kindness itself.

Thank you, Lady Yasmin. Life is better when people don’t hate. The only things I hate are spots and guitar strings when they break.

That rhymed. Spots?

What’s the best word that rhymes with ‘spots’?

No, what do you mean by spots.

I’ve got one on my neck. But I’ve now worked out it’s only an insect bite. I don’t think they count as a spot – hopefully.

You take care .

2. Always choose the animals. Your words will make a great song.

Thanks. I’ll stay with the animals.

3. I felt as though this were surrounding me. I kept glancing about, even though I am in my office and there is nothing to be glancing about to see. I felt strangely alone, but not alone.

Thank you, Annette. That lonely feeling is the one I get when each new revenge attack takes the life of someone just going about their business.

4. I often think that if I die, no one will give a damn about me compared to how they feel about their dogs…

As a kid I remember getting more upset when my dog died than any other deaths.

5. George, I’m looking forward to your words becoming a song. You’ve written a powerful tribute to loss, having captured some vivid images and unsettling thoughts. It’s the gifted artist that’s able to inspire with their art, you’ve done just that. “Time Out” is perfectly paired with you words, I imagine the Earth sighing, if not crying for all that’s been needlessly lost. ~ Mia & Lightfoot

Thank you, Mia & Lightfoot. If the Earth just sighed a little bit it might be enough. I’m not sure it cares anymore. We’ve been eating too much of it over centuries, hence maybe the Earth isn’t too impressed with the humans living on it at the moment. I hope I’m wrong. George

1. George, you’re most welcome.

6. I am going to get your album Lord George. You write words and music like a dream you know.

Thanks for that, Shey. The words and music are flowing at the moment.

1. Great stuff. What I like to hear

Those words will make a powerful song! Spreading negativity, doom, and fear gets us nowhere. Keep spreading your creativity and we’ll keep paying attention to the important messages

I think all we can do is pretty much what you’ve said. When the creativity arrives we all share what we’ve done. Get the word out there that some of us care.

8. Ugh, I can’t hear the song due to children, but I do want to at least say your lyrics have fabulous potential. Will there be a hint of the Sergio Merricone (spelled right? Hope so) in your music? I only ask because the climax of that film is one of the most brilliant bits of film EVER: the swelling of the music, the tension of the visuals, the lack of dialogue…all thanks to the music, which was all scored and recorded first. Hmm. But then, doing that might sound really lame for your song. Sorry, I’m no good with aural composition. 🙁

Ennio Morricone? I’m seeing a harmonica, acoustic and the gravel voice I don’t have. Definitely retro. Maybe a kick or two. I think the point of the lyric, with this one is more important than the art of the lyric. I may be wrong.

1. No no, I’m sure you’re right. Go with your gut on this one.

9. aruna3 says:

Yeah.d cruel fate is main reason of all pains.wonderful poem.

Thanks again. ‘Cruel fate’ – being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Not a good thing.

1. aruna3 says:

U r absolutely right.most welcome.

10. bethanyk says:

I choose the animal any day.
    The owl thats been visiting for 6 months is a better listener than my friends unless theyve had a few too many but then they’d rather just hear themselves

Owls are amazing. I need to learn a lot more about them. Merlin did it right having a pet owl (I think it might have been called Ambrose)

11. marisselee says:

Kinda sad…there are events and circumstances that truly will make us question whether humans are deserving to be called as such…

Mostly I prefer animals to humans. The plus here is that you’ve just reminded me that I was going to put this verse to music but had totally forgotten. Thank you. I could make the cut for next years album!

1. marisselee says:

The message in there is good. So I am sure you can turn it into a beautiful music.

A fingers-crossed moment!