RANDOM THOUGHT OF ZOOLON

3922-000132

This is a true story. 100% true.

A coincidence happened when was out driving yesterday. I wish I had had a camera with me and I hadn’t been driving, although if I hadn’t been in the car I wouldn’t have known about the coincidence that was about to happen.

I was only half listening to the radio. There was a debate about health issues going on. One of the experts said that there were no benefits at all in any person being obese. She seemed to be making a fair point.

Then, just moments later I saw someone walking along the pavement holding onto about 8, maybe 10 huge see-through plastic bags. Each bag contained about a dozen helium balloons. It was the weirdest looking thing. The old man carrying the balloons was thin way beyond average thin and looked worried. He was walking on tiptoes trying not to take off.

That’s when my random thought happened. The woman who said that there were no benefits in a person being obese had got it all wrong. If the bloke holding the helium balloons had been obese he’d have had no problem with the effect of helium on gravity. And that, I think, shows that there can be a benefit for those who might be obese for they have no fear when carrying a reasonable amount of helium balloons.

I should have parked up and phoned into the radio station to prove the expert wrong, but didn’t.

I’m still trying to work out why he was carrying so many helium balloons. He was walking away from town, and as far as I know there are no bespoke helium balloon shops in town. Odd.

(picture courtesy of gettyimages)

If you fancy a visit, the Zoolon Audio website it is at www.zoolonaudio.com

Comments

43 comments on “RANDOM THOUGHT OF ZOOLON”
  1. She can’t seriously tell that to Sumo wrestlers…

She might be able to shout it at them from a long way away. Unless, she’s only got one leg or feeling suicidal.

2. So you expect us to believe that you DON’T stock up weekly on balloons like everyone else in the free world?

I only really like balloons filled up with water, making them water bomb balloons. War wouldn’t be such a bad thing if they only used water bombs.

1. Now imagine the same man walking with that many balloons filled with water

You’ve now provoked a random thought. ‘Things that can be used to fill a balloon’.

3. such as…

Filled with soft sand, a large number of balloons, carefully placed about doorways could prevent houses being flooded in times when rivers overflow, plus they’d add a bit of colour.

5. That tops everything that came into my mind. You’ve got a big heart-

3. George, what a seriously charming event. I certainly hope that the balloon man had the needed faculties to let go of the balloons if he was about to become airborne. Sad, no photos, they would have made marvelous greeting cards. I hope you’ve had a good Tuesday so far, enjoy the rest of it. ~ Rexie The Cat Who Fell to Earth & Mia of Terra Firma

So far it’s gone amazingly well in terms of creative things. You know, I should have added that the old bloke with the balloons was walking up hill, out of town. I wonder if he got the balloons to go up the hill easier then realized he bought too many? It is playing on my mind. What happened to my number one fan? I’m worried, Rexie the hopefully gravity defying cat & Mia who chose not the copy Icarus

1. That’s great news! You’re kidding? He was walking up hill and out of town, that’s the sort of story that you just can’t make up. It has been playing on my mind too. I was thinking that once the balloons started to lose their helium, the thin man would fall to earth -> David Bowie in the movie, “The Man Who Fell to Earth -> Rexie The Cat That Fell to Earth & Mia of Solid Earth. Not to worry, you’re number one fan is safe and fast asleep with his bestie, Puff Daddy. If you’re a cat, it’s the perfect day to sleep enjoying the sounds made by the rain. I’ve always adored the story of Icarus, especially the beautiful feathers. ~ Lightfoot & Feather

The direction the bloke was taking lead to open countryside. I’d overlooked the bit about helium escaping. I wonder if he was aiming at a private suicide attempt. Although with all the cliffs around here to jump off that’s probably unlikely. Enjoy your day, Lightfoot & Feather.
      George

1. Thank you George, I hope you’ve had a enjoyable day as well. ~ Lightfoot & Feather

4. What a great post George. I do love the bit about you thinking of phoning in x

I keep sleeping thought my phone alarm which means it’s usually a dead day time phone. The battery on the IPhone is rubbish.

5. Yeah…fate is defo stepping in.

6. Rob says:

Haha, this is great. How the hell you found the pic to go with your story is beyond me

I remember I just typed the words helium and male into Google then checked out the images.

1. Rob says:

Google is great

7. Observations like these are the stuff of story, you know. 😉 Perhaps he was trying to lure kids from their house on the edge of town. Maybe he was trying to help his lame dog bounce about the dog park. Maybe he wanted to be like the old man from the movie UP and lift his house, or at least his bicycle. Maybe the love of his life is single at last, and he wants to relive the one day they had together as children at the carnival.
    Anything and everything’s possible, right?

I’ve come to think he was a random nutter. Although, given his age, he probably wanted them to walk up the hill a bit easier, and, in his excitement over-ordered. One balloon above the optimum spells trouble. You’d think the place that sold them to him would have a weighing machine so as to predict what his optimum would be. If not, why not? They have a responsibility.

1. Unless THAT was their plan all the long, and this is their unique revenge upon him for…

That’s a good point. Maybe, last time he was in the shop he was rude to the staff, so this time when he came in for balloons they thought they’d stuff him by adding just the one freebie balloon.

3. Ha! Now the REAL challenge is turning all this into a song. 😉

I’ve got 5 songs for the new album on the go. I can’t cope with Mr Balloon bloke, a poor man’s Icarus he would be, flying up to heaven above, later crashing stone cold dead in a tree – and so on.

5. LOL! None too shabby for on the fly, Friend. 😉

8. That’s hilarious and quite uncanny. I guess like most coincidences there is some important meaning here.

If there is an important point I’ve not found it yet – I’m still trying though.

1. Maybe the point is that one should never state things with overconfidence. I think it was Socrates who said the only thing I’m sure of is that I don’t know anything…

I think that’s what I said at exam time back in school.

9. sepultura13 says:

“I must add that I’m not having a dig at the obese. I respect everyone for what they are, apart from serial killers, paedophiles and the van driver who shattered my wing mirror.”

I concur – although, you forgot to add rapists, racists, and abusers of animals. Personally, I respect those who respect themselves enough to respect others. Does that make sense? It does to me…

…zealots, dentists and Spurs supporters? The list is annoyingly endless.

1. sepultura13 says:

Dentists are a necessary evil. Paedophiles, rapists, and rapists aren’t, obviously…sarcasm aside.

Things seldom happen without reason, so there must be a message for you personally. By the way, just the other day I watched a video where a man was blown away by our latest stormy wind, but a heavier lady stood strong on her feet, just swaying a little bit. I watched the video twice, and decided on taking up a diet. I think it was a message for me, because I am sitting most of the time and this extra weight I got after Christmas is dangerous for my health.

I’ve been on a health kick for the last month. I just wanted to improve my diet. Pasta is my favourite food but I don’t eat it unless I’ve done a 1,000 calories in the gym first. Best of luck with that.

I too keep to 1000 calories. Thank you, I do need the luck 🙂

You’ll win.

11. Obviously, he has a house to fly! (From Up if you haven’t seen it 😊)

Thank you. Up seems a good word but I’ve looked up, never seen up – if that makes sense.

1. Hahahaha 😊😊