LEMON GROVES

sopranos-season5f

I wrote this song, Lemon Groves, about 4 years ago, around the time I discovered The Sopranos and was pretty much addicted, watching each series back to back.

The song is a very much a demo and it is a tale of Mafia murder in Scilly. Hope you like it.

If you fancy a visit, the Zoolon Audio website it is at www.zoolonaudio.com

Copyright © 2013 Zoolon Audio.  All rights reserved.  Unauthorised copying, reproduction, hiring, lending, public performance and broadcasting prohibited.

Comments

39 comments on “LEMON GROVES”

Rocking awesome sound. Sound like the Beatles.

Always welcome Jurg.

2. Love the peppiness of this one. Your voice is great on it too .

3. George, this particular promo image for the Sopranos, it’s perfectly gritty, and has always been my favorite. I really enjoyed the series too, watching a ton of episodes back to back. A great title, “Lemon Groves”, it leaves me wondering how many bodies… This is a terrific demo, wonderful story and clever lyric (great voice, always). I hope to never sleep with the fish. We wish you a good Monday. ~ Rexie Lightfoot & Mia Feather

Thank you, Mia Feather. I think animal rights activists would be on the case of anyone sleeping with the fishes. Have a great Monday also, Rexie Lightfoot & Mia Feather

1. Indeed, as the animal rights activists should be, that’s a big NO-NO… but in a frying pan is okay, how is that? Have a wonderful Tuesday. ~ Lightfoot & Feather

I have an image in my head of someone swimming holding a frying pan above the surface water with fish in them trying to keep them dry. If I add similar images I think we’ve invented a new sport. Have a fine one also, Lightfoot & Feather

3. I like that image, definitely giving meaning to a fish out of water. Please have a good Wednesday. ~ Lightfoot & Feather

And you both, Lightfoot & Feather

4. So strange! I listened expecting something uber-gritty, but it’s very upbeat, strong, determined. Of course, I’ve never seen The Sopranos, so I gotta watch out for that silly assumption-making…an enjoyable song, a roadtrip song down a rural highway with the first sunlight known in days. 🙂

More a B side track. But this is a big, big week and I thought a post to the blog would give me breathing space for the next few important days.

1. Ooooooh, what’s the to-do, what’s the to-do?

A lot of the tracks for the new album – Not uni demo’s this time – are coming together.

3. That’s quite exciting!

It is. It is mega in terms of importance. Well mega to me. The listeners will have the final say.

5. Laura says:

Great sound! 😀

Thank you, Laura.

6. rothpoetry says:

I really like this one!
    Dwight

Thanks Dwight

7. Great stuff! Would love for you to share it on our Facebook community for music makers and bloggers! https://www.facebook.com/groups/musicmoguls/

Thanks for that. I shall take a look any minute now.

1. Awesome! Were you able to join okay?

Thank you. I did join and have posted a couple of short pieces from YouTube. I’ll put some songs on there soon.

8. Dear aficionado, once by mistake seeing the sopranos dvd and was surprised in a funny way hearing that the italian mob in new jersey speak in american. You know that I am Italian….and in a hurry I had had a big smile ! Oh and thanks for your pieces. Have a nice weekend amico mio. Ciao by Rinaldo.

Thank you for listening.

The Sopranos! I would love to watch it from the beginning again.
    Is it all about your Cosa Nostra related album? 🙂 I like the song.

More a prototype that gave me the idea for Cosa Nostra. The Sopranos was something else though.

Mafia and Psychology, some cocktail 🙂

My latest project is classical music album themed on two lovers in the last hours of Pompeii. It makes a change from the Mafia.

Another great project.

I hope so. It will be another product for the website. I’ve got a number of new products to be added over the next few months.

10. No wonder you liked Sons of Anarchy. I’ve never seen the Sopranos but I hear the Sons are their West Coast cousins. Great song!

Thanks. It’s odd how TV sometimes does something great and I miss it. It’s only later I discover it.

1. I’m constantly about five years behind on all the “new and hot” TV shows. I never wanted to see Mad Men then I saw it several years after it came out, and I was like, “This show is awesome!” Now I’m going to start on Game of Thrones… even my parents have seen it.

I got addicted to Game of Thrones, although the first couple of episodes from the first season I remember weren’t that good. It’s one you have to hang in there on before the addiction starts.

11. tanssityttö says:

Nice sound and you have a good voice! ☺