ANTS IN AWKWARD PLACES

george-camera-2

An older song I’ve added to the SoundCloud page.  It’s a rehash demo version of a song I wrote when I was 15.  I keep it because it was one of my first ever compositions. One day I’ll rehash the rehash and do it properly.

I’ve always liked the line “More to life than the rituals of living” even though I’ve forgotten what I was thinking about when I wrote it.

Here’s the song, ‘Ants in Awkward Places’ and I won’t list the entire lyric, just the chorus below. I hope you enjoy it. Soon, when I get the time I’ll make and post a studio version to compare against this demo.

‘I got a monkey on my back,

I got a monster under my bed,

I got ants in awkward places,

I got confusion in my head’

Zoolon Audio website is at www.zoolonaudio.com/

Twitter: twitter.com/ZoolonAudio

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Zoolon-Audio-763403243800696/

Comments

30 comments on “ANTS IN AWKWARD PLACES”

Great rhyme

It made an ok chorus for the song back then.

It’s nice George.

2. With all these things you have, I am glad I came back to hear about it after my volume mixer wouldn’t work. Fabulous piece.

Thanks. Just teenage angst for a chorus.

1. Nah nah. Much more than that

3. Teenage angst or not, really great!
    Here’s a silly side note, the cat liked it too! Yay, he’s eating, thank you! Have a terrific evening. ~ Mia

A cat as my number 1 fan…that is so cool. Thank you.

1. You’re so welcome. He’s delighted to be recognized, and says, “meow baby”. When you see all the hits on this song, you’ll now it just us! (Oh god! The things I do for the cat!) Truly, the song is terrific, regardless of the cat, don’t tell him. >^.^<

What’s the cats name? Have you a pic?

3. His formal name is T-Rex, but I call him Rexie, his meow is like a little bird chirp, hence the ferocious name. He’s all black with long hair and very pointy ears. Gorgeous cat. No current pics, he thinks it steals part of his soul.

I’ve never met a cat that liked me or anything about me so Rexie is a first. He shall have a place in a lyric soon and have the credits as well.

5. Ah, I just share your words with Rexie, he’s thrilled and thanks you very much. He is under the impression that can’t possibly be true, he’s sure your mistaken, and would gladly prove it to you by making bread on your stomach, while purring (a real compliment).

Please let Rexie know I’ve been thinking of cat lyrics that aren’t stereotypical silly cat lyrics. Cats and dogs must be shown respect at all times.

7. Hi George, I have just let Rexie know, we are both very excited. Yes, he agrees nothing stereotypical. He would like to thank you by allowing me to send a photo of him, which pleasantly surprised me, Rexie’s that way though, completely unpredictable. Hmm… I think that’s what makes him a cat.

Thank you so much George, it’s so very kind and really cool of you to do this for Rexie. I hope you’re enjoying your weekend, take good care. ~ Mia

This concept is brilliantly surreal. I’ve never had a cat but have met loads. I had a dog since being kid who died a couple of years back. Not replaced so far. As for Rexie, I need my very best thinking hat on (generally a hoodie). Have a great weekend yourself. Sadly, the business demands I work both days. I cannot ease up until we are on page one of Google searches.
        George

9. George, maybe the future holds a cat for you. My vet mentioned on several occasions that dogs are much like people, in that they’re predictable, while cats seemed to be from outer space. Thank you for the kind wishes. I hope you have a little down time over the weekend. Here’s to “the hoodie”, an excellent thinking hat, and to being on page one of ALL search engines. ~ Mia

I think the difference is that cats choose who they need and dogs need who chose them. I can’t help but like them both.

11. *you’re

4. Fascinating. (said the Vulcan, apparently.) Seriously, though, I love the risks you took here–reminded me a little of Peter Gabriel, actually. (Please take that as a compliment.)

Thanks you. Since making this my voice has changed. I really owe it to the song to do it all again in the right environment.

1. You had excellent taste in your rhythm/string balance, too. I’m such a sucker for both, but I hate when they’re overdone.
        You didn’t do that. 🙂

Glad you think the string balance is OK. It is something I muck around with a lot.

Great work for a fifteen years old.

Thank you. I will give this song a new coat one day soon. My mother says she’ll kill me if I don’t.

Your mother sees the potential.

6. You’re very humble about your abilities as a songwriter and lyricist, as you’ve mentioned before that you’re not a poet and so forth, but I think you’re very good! Besides, I don’t know if you can divide the world up into those who are talented and non-talented, poets and non-poets. We all have creative potential, but some people just work on it and develop it. Since you’re doing that, you’re only going to get better.

Thanks. I think with me it’s just that I can’t stand people with big ego’s, they make me cringe. The day I get that kind of ego please shoot me!

1. Fair enough, though having to shoot you if you develop a big ego is a lot of responsibility 😉