I like Jean Lee (blog link above) even though she has challenged me to post one inspirational quote each day for the next three days. Thing is, I’m going to have to cheat and post the three quotes in one hit as I’ve got so much work on at the moment so I hope Jean will forgive me.
I’m not totally sure what inspirational really is. The online dictionary says, “providing or showing creative or spiritual inspiration” That doesn’t really help. I don’t think I’ve ever let myself take in those quotes you see in books and on posters. They always read like marketing hooks. Anyway, here are three things that inspire or have inspired me;
- “Your macaroni cheese is ready.” A lot of the time I forget to eat so when I hear the words that my favourite food is ready I get inspired to eat and remain alive.
- “Nothing Else Matters.” Like every kid learning the guitar I wanted to be able to play something I thought would impress. This quote is simply the title of a Metallica song I grew up with. The day I nailed the fantastic intro was the day I got inspired and knew I’d play guitar forever. If you’ve never heard it before it’s worth a listen.
- “One Nil to The Arsenal” Years ago, before I was born my team The Arsenal used to play boring defensive football but kept on winning 1-0. This inspirational chant of Arsenal fans is sung on those days we go 1-0 up. It’s not a great song but it inspires me by keeping me in a good mood simply because it means we are ahead. I can never compose straight after the odd game we lose.
The challenge has rules. I have to pass the challenge on to three others. The problem here is that I’ve only been blogging for a month and don’t really know that many bloggers. So, all I can do is give a list of three out of many other bloggers who I rate a lot and see what they make of it. I’ll not be offended if any of those on my list think, “no way am I doing that”.
https://yassy66.wordpress.com/ – I could read Yasmin’s poetry all day long. Something lyrical in everything she writes.
https://aheartafire.wordpress.com/ – truly writes from the heart.
https://tedgiffin.com/ – artist and musician true to his own brand.
If any of you are interested here are the rules.
The Rules of the “3 Days, 3 Quotes” challenge
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, and share their website.
2.Post 1-3 quotes a day for three consecutive days.
- Nominate 3 people every day.